Sunday, February 5, 2012

Is there any women on here who has trouble with excessive hair loss?

I know everybodys hair sheds but mine is coming out by the handful. I'm 29 and my baby is 14 months old. I know women go through a shedding phase after birth but it should only last six months and mine won't stop. I've cut my hair shoulder length for the first time in my life but that didn't help any. The hair is all over my house and it just covers my bed from coming out during the night. I guess I've got to go see a doctor because something is causing it and I don't know what to do about it. I was just hoping that if any women on this website had the same problem as me. If so, than maybe they can give me some tips on what to do.Is there any women on here who has trouble with excessive hair loss?
You may need some progesterone cream. If you can find an Arbonne consultant, their progesterone cream is the best I've tried.





Also try telling your scalp and neck to relax. Neck and scalp tension cut off the circulation to your hair and can cause hair loss.





If you have a beauty school near you, go in and get a conditioning treatment with a scalp massage. Heaven!





Remind yourself during the day to relax. That has to be hard with a baby, but stress is hard for you and your hair.





Also, add some salmon or some omega 3 oil to your diet. You need that for healthy hair, and pregnancy may have depleted your system. You probably still need a good multivitamin, too.





Best of luck to you!Is there any women on here who has trouble with excessive hair loss?
The best thing to do is stay calm and try not to stress out. Make an appointment with a dermatologist to determine the cause. If you must go through this there are a lot of nice wigs and hair pieces. And if you have enough hair you might try hair extensions. Remember that your hair does not define who you are, however, your personality and character does. I have experienced periods of hair loss for the last thirty years. There are times when my hair is nice and full. Then it sheads in patches or sometimes I am completely bald on the top of my head. It started after my first child was born and it has been and on going condition. It happens even when I have not had a baby. It was devastating at first, but over the years I have learned to make the most of it. I simply ask God to grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change and the wisdom to know the difference. And, I thank God that my hair loss is not due to cancer or some other life threatening disease. It is just good to be alive and well because my personality is greater than my hair.
Excessive hair loss could be due to pregnency, menopause etc. Read the below articles for remedies and information.
Well I am not having that problem... But I DEFINITELY suggest going to the doctor asap. This sounds pretty serious... not to scare you or anything.. cause I could be wrong. Good luck!
This is called Post Par-tum Alopecia and it is normal for lots of people. Eventually your hair will grow back in but if it doesn't after a year than I would talk to your Doctor and see if there is anything he/she recommends. I can suggest Rogain for Women. that is if you are not breast feeding. Consult your doctor first though. You can also try Nioxin shampoos for thinning hair. With this product you don't need your doctors permission first.
You poor thing. I am guessing that since you had a baby your hormones are going nuts. Perhaps you need some vitamines. Don't loose hope. Seeing your Dr. might be the best thing. He can determine if it is a physical problem. Linda
this is normal... it can come from age, or genes





my family has this problem as well its normal! ho im not sure how to prevent it! just wanted to let u know its normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment