Sunday, February 5, 2012

Question for women who suffer from alopecia/hair loss?

I was told that I had alopecia areata after half my hair fell out last year. I was very stressed out and not eating well at the time. I'm 25 and otherwise healthy. Luckily the grew back earlier this year after I made a few lifestyle changes.





But now I have a new bald patch.... and I'm so gutted.





Has anyone suffered from the same thing? What do you think brought yours on?





Most importantly, did you kick the problem??Question for women who suffer from alopecia/hair loss?
alopecia areata is most of the time triggered by stress.





I had my first one when my then boyfriend cheated on me with his ex fiancee who was his current house-mate.





When the cause of stress was gone, it grew back. But since then, whenever I am a little stressed or even for no apparent reasons, I get mini alopecia every so often. Most of the time it's the size of small finger nail, so it doesn't bother me.





Stressing about it is the worst thing you can do, so stay healthy and don't worry about it too much. Nothing you can do about it apart from eating enough and keeping ';happy';.





Also, it takes around 3months for a bald patch to form since the ';stress'; is caused. So if you go back 3 months or so and think if you experience any 'stress' that may be the cause of your new bald patch.





Good luck, and chill out! Question for women who suffer from alopecia/hair loss?
hey my friend had the same prob at 23,she went to doc and they tested her thyroid and everything,but we found out it was due to stress and not eating prop, so she had to change alot of things,her hair grew back REALLY slowly, it also annoyed her because it would always stick up,but it did grow back...now you cant even tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment