Sunday, February 5, 2012

Woman facial hair loss from salicylic acid acne products?

I am a 26 year old woman recently suffering from acne. (I've had clear skin my whole life until about 6 months ago) I have had some major stressful changes occur in my life recently which I'm sure doesn't help. (a separation, foreclosure, moving, I have two small children, going from stay at home mom to working mom and being broke and, uninsured!!) I know my stress level is up but I just can't shake the feeling that there is something crazy going on with my body. I eat mostly organic, no sweets, tons of veggies and fruits only water. I'm a healthy 120 lbs and 5 ft 3 in tall. Recently I've noticed the hair around my hair line falling out a little and last week after using a neutrogena salicylic acid lotion the little hairs on my face are coming out. (not that it's a bad thing lol) but, I don't think it's normal. I can't find anything on the internet about it??? ANYWHERE?? I also noticed a couple of eyebrows falling out. (not a whole lot and it might just be that I've been spending a ton of time too close to the mirror checking my skin) Anyone have anything like this happen before? I'm figuring it might be hormonal? Acne/mild hair loss, some dark hair growin in odd places?? But, I'd love an opinion.


Thanks


Woman facial hair loss from salicylic acid acne products?
Stress can actually cause hair loss in some cases, and it also can trigger thyroid imbalance which can cause thinning of the eyebrows and loss of hair. You mentioned being uninsured - I would try to find a clinic that will allow you to pay based on your income and have a physical exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment