Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I am a 47 year old woman who has total hair loss. Any suggestions?

I can't ask this question with out praising God. You may wonder why. Considering I grew up as the prettiest girl in my home town church. I was the one that turned folks heads and made mouths drop open. My biggest asset was my dark thick hair. I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the first of the year, then learned it was in my lynmph nodes, and I also had 10 tumors in my liver. The medical team had silently given me up. I did not learn that till just a few months ago. My husband and I got into the Word of God and gave our tithes and offerings. I went to a great doctor. I'm cleared of all tumors. PTL! I was suppose to have chemo, radiation, and radical surgory. I'm now off the chemo, and only on herception. (That is great stuff!) I might have very little surgory. So now I'm left with fuss on my head. I can't tell my story and not rejoyce in God's awesome power. But do any of you have, Any ideas?I am a 47 year old woman who has total hair loss. Any suggestions?
wow! I say you are one lovely lucky person! Praise the good Lord sweetie. There must be lots of people who'd rather lose their hair than their life! Anyway, your hair will grow back, it's only hair......... in the meantime, go to a professional wig shop and let them fit you properly so your temporary hair will look as natural and feel as though you have no wig on. After your hair grows back you may still choose to wear the wig! God has blessed you and given you many more happy and healthy years to come. Embrace them and don't fret the hair. Also, maybe you can take vitamin B and also Evening Primrose vitamins. These are supposed to help with hairloss. Good luck to you and remember,,,rejoice in your newly blessed life and don't fret the small stuff sweetie.I am a 47 year old woman who has total hair loss. Any suggestions?
A family member of mine once sufferd the same thing as you,and once again,glory be.She was healed and had her cancer removed yet she still did have to do chemo.


(of course).She lost all her hair from the pill she was taking and,the best advice I could give you,got a wig that looked like her old hair.If you cant find a wig that looks like your old hair,


just try something else you like.


I hope luck may shine upon you again,


and that these tips help.
Congrats on your success story! I tell my patients to have fun with wigs. Go out and get something you might never normally do to you hair. Go red or blonde. Or go short and spiky. Just try on some wigs and see what tickles your fancy.





Just in case nobody has warned you, your hair may not grow back the way it was before. The color and texture may be different.
First of all, Congrats on beating cancer. It sucks that one of the side effects is losing your hair. Find some pretty scarfs to wear, find a nice wig that you like, you can even consult a hair dresser to help you find and style a wig you like (my hair dresser did that for a client of his)....and the best part is that your hair will eventually grow back, so for now have some fun with it, and try out some new hair styles!! Good luck, and ENJOY LIFE!! YOU ARE VERY LUCKY!
go to ur local hair store and purchase a wig one thats fits u and u like and even ask about how do u care for them Get Educated
Wait until the fuzz grows.


Purchase a wig.


Pray your hair grows back?
Hello Sister,


my mom has this also but she didn't take any radiation or chemo. and she's just fine but she did have it removed
Patience, your hair will grow back. I didn't like the idea of wigs so I wore scarves and hats. Wear a gorgeous smile and heads will still turn and not to stare at the fuzz.
Your hair will come back eventually.


Purchase a nice wig until then. You can get your doc. to write a prescription for the wig, and your insurance may cover some of the cost. [mine did].


Praise God for His healing and miracle-working power.


I am.
My son was diagnosed 20 months ago with a rare abdominal sarcoma with multiple tumors everywhere in the body. He underwent high dose chemotherapy and after a few months lost most of his hair. The rest stayed fuzzy and to me quite beautiful for a few more months. He than lost all hair on his head, eyelashes, eyebrows, and body hair. It never looked odd to me at all. I thought it made him look distinquished (he was 17 years old). Eventually, he was off the chemo that had made him lose his hair, and was on a type that did not. So his hair began to grow back, soft and stubby . . but I always felt like touching it . . and as you can imagine he hated me to do that! But, what's a mother to do. I supplied him with beanies, caps, scarves, and anything he wanted to cover his head. But other than when it was too cold or too hot outside he just could not be bothered. He just went out the way he was.





He's on chemo again, and this time he says that he's going to shave it all off and just get it all over with so he doesn't lose it slowly like before.





My feeling is that he wears the baldness as a display of courage . .





Wrap your head in pretty scarves or wonderful hats if you wish . . or a nice wig . . or if you prefer confront the world just exactly the way you are . . because you are probably beautiful without hair.





Peace to you. ;-)
I am a 9 year survivor of breast %26amp; ovarian cancer, had my hair fall out and grow back in 3 times, it's a blast! Yes it takes it's own sweet time to grow back, think of it this way saving so much money on hairdressing visits! I did the same as most people bought the scarfs and hats, we bought some crazy and wild ones at that. I sometimes waxed and spiked my fuzzy bits up, my daughters used markers and drew pictures on the bare spots. Chemo and radiation sucks, you earned that fuzz be proud of it! Herception is a WONDERFUL drug, i had a relapse at the start of the year, i am now clear praise be to that drug and prayer. Never, Never give up, i pray you are healthy soon, God Bless
My aunt was in the same boat and while she waited for her hair to grow in (it came in curly), she bought a variety of hats and scarves. Worked for her and she looked very nice in them. Unless you looked real close you couldn't hardly tell she was bald.
for the time being, use a good simonize type wax and soft cloth buff to a high gloss, and relax, your hair will grow back, it just takes a little time for your body to rid itself of all the chemicals and return to its former luster you`ll be surprized because all of the gray will be gone, good luck and GB.

No comments:

Post a Comment