Friday, February 3, 2012

Can hair loss in women be related to a vitamin dificiency?

I have been experiencing some extreme hair loss for many months now and I've gone to get blood work which has turned out pretty okay (very mild iron dificiency), thyroid is good, so are hormones etc. My hair has aways fallen out easily since I was little and it almost seems that my hair aside from being fine and thin comes off from the roots (scalp). Could it be that there's a vitamin or mineral dificiency in me? If so, what kind and how can I take care of it? I'm concerned because I've never lost so much hair as I have now. I don't feel like I'm stressed, no trauma so what is it? Haven't given birth, no surgery etc. I'm actually now going to cut my hair shorter to hopefully help stop the hair loss but how can I make my hair stronger so it doesn't fall off my scalp so easily?Can hair loss in women be related to a vitamin dificiency?
Maybe but not likely. You might need more protein. If you are on a vegetarian diet then that is probably the reason. I lost a beautiful head of hair by becoming vegetarian. Now it is taking me years to get my hair back and a lot of money on doctor visits.





Stress can lead to hair loss. I lost tons of hair when I was eating too much tofu and soy products because it blocked my thyroid medication.





My guess would be stress, even though you say no, you could be internalizing your stress.





Try yoga and take prenatal vitamins. I have some friends who swear by them for healthier hair and nails.





Yes, Rogaine will help but it is expensive and if you stop using it; all the hair you have grown will fall out.Can hair loss in women be related to a vitamin dificiency?
My friend had this problem and her doctor said it was due to her mild iron deficiency. She started taking iron pills (with food b/c they are hard on your stomach) and it took a long time but her hair started growing back and stopped falling out.
ROGAIN....You are carrying the male hormone Testosterone. Apparantly too much in your body. A visit to your doctor and some hormone replacement therapy will make all the difference. I am betting on it. Good Luck.
Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause hair loss
thank you for asking this question. im going through the same exact thing..so ill keep watching for answers

No comments:

Post a Comment